Ross's Ramblings - Movies, TV, Pop Culture, Politics...

A 26 Year Old Music and History Graduate hailing originally from Adelaide and now living in Melbourne Australia. Here I will spill my small thoughts on anything I feel applicable... Beware.

09 January 2006

Things to see.... and that's about it....

I'm back, and there's just so much to watch...

Sorry, I seem to have a dysfunctional love of extra full stops...

Coming off the nominations for this years Golden Globe awards (Yes Rob, i'm one of those people who keep an eye on these things. Give me another point on your nerdometor,) i just checked out a show that garnered 3 nominations, including best comedy series, and best actress for Mary Louise Parker. It's called Weeds.

If you thought Desperate Housewives was a biting satire of suburban lifestyles you couldn't have been any more wrong. This is to Housewives what Arrested Development is to King of Queens. ie it's Much Much Much Much better. Thought i'd just spell that out for the less initiated and edumacated.

Sadly though, it's shown on Showtime in the US. Fantastic for the fact that as a cable network they have more leway and less reliance on ratings. Shit for the fact that their website for some reason can't be accessed from my computer.

Find it and check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home